Trivial Leading-Edge Technology Dept.
First on the World Wide Web - Mega$loth SmellZ®
Mega$loth® Press Release dated 3/22/97 6:30pm
- Mega$loth® is proud to announce an extension to its
proprietary Web Browser, Mega$loth® Internet
Exploder®. This incorporates Active-Z® controls to
introduce an entirely new phenomenon - Mega$loth®
- Incorporating Scratch'n'sniff technology, this remarkable new
feature allows you to sample the wide range of smells available from all
over the world in the comfort of your own home. Historical smells are also
- You simply click and wiggle your mouse pointer over the special
on-screen icon, and a rich aroma will waft from the fan outlet of your
- Share the experience of Mega$loth® SmellZ® with a
friend in the privacy of your own home.
- Be the first on your block to have Mega$loth®
SmellZ® in your computer.
- Mega$loth® SmellZ® are not suitable for use in
- Technical Notes:
- The markup is simple. Just add the following code to your HTML:
- <SMELLZ ODOR="19826" EMIT="200">Enclose
your favorite SmellZ® icon's reference here</SMELLZ>
- Mega$loth® SmellZ® do require some bandwidth. When the <SMELLZ>
command is called, Mega$loth® Internet Exploder® will automatically call up our
Mega$loth® SmellZserver® and the selected 1 MB SmellZcode® will be instantly
transmitted to the client computer.
- Webmasters can obtain our free online 4 Volume Mega$loth® SmellZguide®
(85MB) by downloading this
Windoze® Help file.
- Designed for use with Pentiuum® processors, the system works
by temporarily up-clocking the Pentiuum® processor to the relevant
frequency, so that the heat from it generates the smell. Be advised,
however, to use Mega$loth® SmellZ® sparingly, as overuse may cause
overheating and possible confusion of the microprocessor.
- Please note that Mega$loth® SmellZ® is not compatible with the
forthcoming NetsCrape NiffS® from our principal competitor.
- Programmers wishing to implement Mega$loth®
SmellZ® on their server should note that a new
Mega$loth® Professional Product, Mega$loth®
MiaZmas will be announced in Q1/98.